Rep. Sander Levin (D-MI), the ranking member on the House Ways & Means Committee, is traveling to Sydney this week to check on the state-of-play of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), his office announced on Oct. 21.
The World Trade Organization on Monday (Oct. 20) dealt a blow to the United States country-of-origin labeling (COOL) program for meat with a finding that U.S. efforts to remedy problems identified in an earlier WTO decision fell far short of achieving that goal and actually worsened COOL's impact on Mexican and Canadian livestock producers.
CANBERRA -- Officials for Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT) have identified at least two major defensive interests in the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) negotiations in advance of the latest round taking place here: keeping in place quotas for Australian content on television and radio as well as maintaining the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) that subsidizes medicines for Australians.
CANBERRA – Ahead of the latest round of Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) talks underway here, Australian trade officials drove home the point to domestic business representatives that the final deal will be truly plurilateral in terms of market access, raising hopes among industry groups that Japan will extend the same tariff concessions it grants to the United States to all other TPP countries.
A coalition of European Union farm groups has called on the outgoing European Commission in its final weeks to approve a slew of genetically engineered crops for import, warning that a failure to act now could block shipments from the United States and cost EU livestock farmers up to a billion euros extra to secure feed grain from elsewhere.
CANBERRA – As a new round of Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) negotiations kicked off here, Australian opposition lawmakers critical of the deal announced plans to ramp up their efforts to build opposition to TPP and press the government to change its course on key issues such as investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS) and transparency.
- WTO Compliance Panel Faults U.S. COOL Rule On National Treatment Obligations
- Industry Groups From TPP Countries Lay Out Demands For Cross-Border Data Provisions
- Mexican Chamber, Government-Owned Mills Ask Commerce To Postpone Final AD Sugar Determination
- Obama To Appoint BSA Chief Victoria Espinel To ACTPN
- Wikileaks Publishes Purported Consolidated Text Of TPP IP Chapter From May Vietnam Meetings
- At Formal TNC, Azevedo, Doha Chairs Say Solution To TFA Impasse Still Not In Sight
- Froman Calls 2015 'Critical Year' For Addressing NTBs, Regulations In TTIP
- Mexican Economy Minister Meets With Froman In Preparation For Sydney TPP Ministerial
- Treasury Report Does Not Name Currency Manipulator, Finds Trend Toward Less Intervention In China
- ACP Group Puts Forward Ideas For WTO Doha Work Program, Including 'Satisfactory Solution' On Cotton
- Antiguan Leader Calls On U.S. To Settle WTO Gambling Dispute; Meets With USTR
- EU TTIP Advisory Group To Hold Oct. 28 Meeting To Hear Overview Of Talks, Address Transparency
- GAO Report Says Lifting Crude Oil Export Ban Would Reduce Trade Deficit
- Kerry, Yang Address Upcoming APEC Meeting, Trade, Cyber Issues At Boston Meeting
- EU Greens Urge Juncker To Thwart Outgoing Commission's Possible GMO Approval
- Commerce Tells Russia It Is Ending 15-Year Old Suspension Agreement For Dumped Hot-Rolled Steel
- U.S. Business Groups Urge TPP Ambassadors To Oppose Tobacco Carveout From ISDS
- Levin Traveling To Sydney TPP Ministerial To Witness Status Of Talks Firsthand
- Barroso Makes Passing Reference To TTIP In Farewell Speech To EU Parliament
- EU, Singapore Reach Final Agreement On Investment Chapter For Bilateral FTA
Effective September 18, 2013, the base price for purchasing articles and documents on this service has increased to $10 apiece.