The United States and Japan signaled at the close of a two-day ministerial meeting in Washington that their bilateral negotiations under the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) have reached a stalemate, casting further doubt on whether TPP countries can produce a substantial outcome in the broader negotiations by early November.
A Brazilian government delegation is in Washington to try to hammer out a deal this week to settle a longstanding bilateral dispute with the U.S. over its cotton subsidies and other agricultural support, according to informed sources.
European Trade Commissioner Designate Cecilia Malmstrom has announced that, if confirmed, she plans to launch a political review of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) negotiations to be completed by the end of the year, in yet another signal that the talks will not make major strides toward resolving contentious issues in 2014.
Many U.S. firms see the European Union as one of the top places where digital trade barriers pose a difficulty to doing business, according to a new report by the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC).
Senior administration officials have made clear that Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Sept. 29-30 trip to Washington is not expected to yield major outcomes on trade issues when they omitted them from the list of areas where they expect to announce commitments.
A new report by the Peterson Institute for International Economics argues that South Korea should try to slide in under the wire and join the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) negotiations as soon as possible, preferably before they are concluded, even while acknowledging that doing so would be very challenging.
A new global opinion poll shows that people in the United States, Japan, France and Italy are the most skeptical about the benefits of increasing international trade when compared to other countries participating in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).
- In Advance Of Modi's U.S. Visit, Civil Society Groups Urge India Not To Compromise Access To Medicines In Any IP Commitments
- WTO Lowers Expectations For Global Trade Growth In 2014-2015, Citing Diminished Import Demand
- Obama Touts Green Goods Initiative In Broader UN Speech On Combating Climate Change
- Brookings Scholars Break Down Trade Issues Confronting Obama, Modi In Advance Of This Month's Visit
- U.S. Ag Groups Ask USTR To Continue Resisting India's Stance On Bali Implementation
- EU Says This Week's TISA Round To Focus On Financial Services, Telecommunication, Domestic Regulation, Mode 4
- Commerce IG Calls On BIS To Plan For Additional Costs Relating To Shift To New IT Platform
- Azevedo Says Talks To Resolve Bali Implementation Stalemate Still In Early Stages
- Biden Presses Colombian President For Progress On Trade Issues, Including Biologics
- Ex-Im Supporters Praise Passage Of Nine-Month Extension, But Reiterate Call For Longer Reauthorization
- USTR Reactivates CAFTA Labor Case Against Guatemala
- USTR Announces Chevy Chase, Md., As Site Of Seventh TTIP Round From Sept. 29-Oct. 3
- EU Trade Commissioner-Designate Malmstrom To Testify Before Parliament's INTA Committee Sept. 29
- Froman Says Japan's Lagging Q3 Economic Figures Shows Tokyo's Need For TPP
- Russia Rejects EU Panel Request In Dispute Over AD Duties On Light Commercial Vehicles
- DSB Approves Former Mauritius Ambassador Servansing To Serve On Appellate Body
- Azevedo Says Risk Of Multilateral Disengagement Increases Exponentially As TFA Impasse Continues
- DSB Composes Panel For U.S.-India WTO Solar Dispute
- ITC Report Breaks Down Effects Of Andean Preference Program On U.S. Industry Prior To Its Expiration
- In Response To EU Parliament Socialists, Malmstrom Defends Position On Data Protection
- BIS Requests Comments On How To Improve EAR Recordkeeping Procedures
- Commerce Determines Dumped GOES From Russia, Korea, China; CVDs For Chinese Imports
- Markey, Boxer Ask Froman To Oppose Binding Commitments In TTIP To Export Crude, Natural Gas
- U.S. Dairy Producers Say CETA GI Provisions Violate Canada's IP Procedures, International Trade Law
- German Trade Minister Tells Berlin Advisory Group Consumer Protection Should Not Be Compromised In TTIP
- Robb Release Says TPP At Top Of Agenda For Sept. 29 Meeting With Froman
Effective September 18, 2013, the base price for purchasing articles and documents on this service has increased to $10 apiece.