SYDNEY -- On the eve of a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ministerial here, farm groups from Australia, New Zealand and Canada again drove home the point that they want the trade deal to deliver not only deep tariff cuts on agricultural products but also provide equal market access for all participants.
SYDNEY -- A three-day Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ministerial is set to kick off here on Saturday (Oct. 25) with a series of bilateral and plenary meetings, but the United States and Japan have not yet scheduled a bilateral session between their ministers, Japanese TPP minister Akira Amari told reporters.
Faced with a seemingly pervasive negotiating deadlock, World Trade Organization Director-General Roberto Azevedo told the General Council this week he would start another round of consultations aimed at breaking the impasse on the implementation of the Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA), and the paralysis of the larger WTO negotiating agenda.
Half of the trade ministers for European Union member states have warned the incoming European Commission of Jean-Claude Juncker not to "jettison" from trade negotiations with the United States issues like investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS) that have become lightning rods for public criticism in the EU.
CANBERRA -- In advance of an Oct. 25-27 Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ministerial meeting, U.S. trade officials this week touted to Congress an article by U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman in which he signals that U.S. trading partners are unlikely to put their best offers on the negotiating table unless Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) is in place.
CANBERRA -- U.S. brand-name drug companies are taking the position that they will only support a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement that includes a time-based transition period for implementing intellectual property (IP) obligations rather than one linked to development indicators, but are willing to be flexible on their demand for 12 years of data exclusivity for biologic drugs, according to industry sources.
- WTO Compliance Panel Faults U.S. COOL Rule On National Treatment Obligations
- Industry Groups From TPP Countries Lay Out Demands For Cross-Border Data Provisions
- Mexican Chamber, Government-Owned Mills Ask Commerce To Postpone Final AD Sugar Determination
- Obama To Appoint BSA Chief Victoria Espinel To ACTPN
- Wikileaks Publishes Purported Consolidated Text Of TPP IP Chapter From May Vietnam Meetings
- At Formal TNC, Azevedo, Doha Chairs Say Solution To TFA Impasse Still Not In Sight
- Froman Calls 2015 'Critical Year' For Addressing NTBs, Regulations In TTIP
- Mexican Economy Minister Meets With Froman In Preparation For Sydney TPP Ministerial
- Treasury Report Does Not Name Currency Manipulator, Finds Trend Toward Less Intervention In China
- ACP Group Puts Forward Ideas For WTO Doha Work Program, Including 'Satisfactory Solution' On Cotton
- Antiguan Leader Calls On U.S. To Settle WTO Gambling Dispute; Meets With USTR
- EU TTIP Advisory Group To Hold Oct. 28 Meeting To Hear Overview Of Talks, Address Transparency
- Turkey Tells WTO General Council It Would Hold 10th Ministerial In Istanbul If Selected As Host
- Japan, EU, U.S. Reach Agreement With China On Timeline For Possible Arbitration On Compliance With Rare Earths Findings
- EU Notifies WTO Of Agricultural Domestic Support For Marketing Year 2011-2012
- U.S. Notifies DSB Of Settlements In Indonesia Clove Cigarettes, Brazil Cotton Disputes
- Commission Requests Input On Competition Review Of Delta's Cooperation With EU Air Carriers On Transatlantic Routes
- EU Extends Preferential Trade Measures For Ukraine Through End Of 2015
- Chinese, U.S. Apparel Groups Sign MOU Creating Forum To Address Trade Barriers
- Commerce Requests Comments For Review Of Other Countries' Softwood Lumber Subsidies
- McGovern Raises Issues On State Of Colombia's Labor Protections Following Meeting With Minister
- UK Nurses Union Pledges To Lobby London, Brussels Against Including Health Services In TTIP
- Groser Flags IP, Ag Market Access, SOEs As Major TPP Issues Needing Resolution In Sydney
- Robb Says TPP Talks In 'Final Stages' Ahead Of Sydney Meetings
Effective September 18, 2013, the base price for purchasing articles and documents on this service has increased to $10 apiece.