HANOI -- At the end of 10 days of plodding Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) talks here, a rough plan for the next steps toward crafting some sort of TPP outcome by early November appears to be emerging, though many critical questions remain unanswered, according to private-sector and official sources.
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew has pressed Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang in a formal letter about China's enforcement of its anti-monopoly law (AML), according to informed sources, in a sign that mounting U.S. business complaints regarding the law have reached a high political level.
SEOUL -- A senior South Korean trade official on Friday (Sept. 12) rejected the notion that Seoul's efforts to resolve problems that have arisen in implementing the bilateral U.S.-Korea free trade agreement (KORUS) are largely being taken with an eye toward eventually joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
SEOUL -- A senior South Korean trade official said his government is weighing the prospect of requesting entry into the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) after the negotiations are completed but before major parties like the United States have ratified the deal, in order to avoid a drawn-out TPP accession process.
SEOUL -- A series of studies carried out by a South Korean research institute over the past year predicts that joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) would boost Korea's economy by between 1.7 and 1.8 percent over 10 years, aiding the country's manufacturing sector but leading to a decrease in agricultural production.
SEOUL -- The South Korean government will decide by the end of this year whether to request consultations with the United States at the World Trade Organization over the U.S. decision to impose antidumping (AD) duties on Korean oil country tubular goods (OCTGs), according to South Korean Deputy Minister for Trade Choi Kyonglim.
After China showed progress in adhering to a commitment made at last year's Joint Commission on Commerce and Trade (JCCT) to let owners of pharmaceutical patents provide supplemental information to fend of certain legal challenges, U.S. companies are now reporting an increasing number of cases where they are being barred from providing such additional information if their drug patents are challenged for a different reason, according to informed sources.
- Obama Announces New Russian Sectoral Sanctions To Be Detailed On Sept. 12
- EU Commission Rejects Civil Society Petition For 'European Citizens Initiative' Against TTIP, CETA
- Industry Groups Urge Congressional Leaders To 'Move Swiftly' On Long-Term Ex-Im Renewal
- ITC Report Says U.S. Industry Worried About Digital Trade Barriers In China, Nigeria, Other Countries
- Nearly 600 Unions, NGOs Demand Congress Have Ultimate Say If FTAs Meet TPA Objectives
- House GOP Rolls Out CR Extending Ex-Im Charter Until June 30, 2015
- Juncker Proposes Giving EU Trade Portfolio To Current Home Affairs Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom
- India Updates Ag Subsidy WTO Notifications For 2004-2011, One Requirement For Using Peace Clause
- Juncker Says Review Of EU GMO Approval Process Necessary In First Sixth Months Of New Commission's Mandate
- Modi Asks FAO Leader To 'Take Lead' Advocating India's Stance On Food Security In WTO
- McCarthy's Office Says CR Could Be Considered On House Floor This Week
- Australia Questions U.S. On Subsidies For Energy, Fisheries, Other Sectors In WTO
- Albania Lists TFA Commitments To Be Implemented Upon Entry-Into-Force
- India Circulates WTO Semi-Annual Report On Subsidies For First Half Of 2014
- Korea, India Circulate Semi-Annual WTO Reports On AD Measures Taken So Far In 2014
- MOFCOM Report Finds Outbound Chinese FDI Valued At More Than $100 Billion For First Time
- Chinese Provinces, Texas Establish Joint Trade, Investment Working Groups
- U.S. Producers Of 'Segway' Transport Devices File ITC 337 Petition Against Chinese Imports Of Similar Products
- Chinese Premier Touts Shanghai FTZ, Says All Enterprises 'Will Be Treated As Equals'
- EU TTIP Advisory Group Set For Sept. 18 Discussions On SPS, Regulatory Coherence
- In Response To Healthcare Advocates, Froman Says TPP Drug Pricing Annex Will Not Impact U.S. Health Programs
- De Gucht Defends EU's TTIP Promotion Campaign To Civil Society Leaders
- Froman Responds To Lawmakers' TPP Worries On IP, Labor, Environment, Japan, Other Issues
Effective September 18, 2013, the base price for purchasing articles and documents on this service has increased to $10 apiece.