Islam Siddiqui, the chief agricultural negotiator in the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, will leave his post early next year, USTR announced in a Dec. 12 press release. USTR did not name a specific date for Siddiqui's departure or say who would fill his spot on an acting basis once he leaves.
Acting Deputy U.S. Trade Representative Wendy Cutler today (Dec. 12) said Washington will scrutinize South Korea's willingness to resolve outstanding bilateral trade problems in at least four areas as part of its evaluation of whether to allow the key East Asian ally into the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) negotiations.
SINGAPORE – The United States, Australia and New Zealand have ramped up the pressure on Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) countries to ban the protection of geographical indications (GI) for cheese names they consider to be generic, pressing for language in the market access chapter of the deal in addition to the section on intellectual property (IP), according to informed sources.
House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI) yesterday (Dec. 10) said a congressional vote to renew Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) could occur early next year provided the Obama administration actively engages in the process, citing progress that has been made in developing a bipartisan, bicameral bill.
Updated: The presidents of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and three AFL-CIO-affiliated unions this week announced their opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) as an agreement that would further erode U.S. jobs, but they made clear that their focus was also on fighting the possible renewal of fast-track trade negotiation authority.
SINGAPORE – Malaysia has softened its position on two key issues in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) talks by joining the 11 other countries in negotiating disciplines on state-owned enterprises (SOEs), an area in which it had previously refused to participate, and by tabling a revised proposal that would carve out tobacco control measures from being challenged under the agreement.
- Baldwin, Merkley Introduce Bill Adding Wages, Workplace Safety Into Calculation Of Dumping Margins
- Finance Committee Will Vote Dec. 13 On Schmidtlein, Raskin Nominations To Serve At ITC, Treasury
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Includes Provisions For Better CBP Policing Of Textile Provisions Of FTAs
- Thune, Wyden Introduce Bill To Set Digital Negotiating Objectives For Trade Agreements
- Korea Requests WTO Panel In Challenge Of U.S. AD, CVDs On Washers
- Hatch Says All TPP Participants Must Meet High Standards, Possibly With Longer Transition Periods
- Digital Groups, Free Information Advocates Urge TPP Ministers To Avoid Life Plus 70 Years Copyright
- U.S., Others Press Indonesia On Animal Product Import Licensing At Issue In WTO Consultations
- TPP Ministers Drop Goal of Year-End Conclusion; To Meet In January
- 14 Business Groups Urge Congress To Make IT Procurement Restriction In Approps Bill Not China-Specific
- Poll Finds More Than 60 Percent Of U.S. Citizens Oppose Secrecy Of TPP Negotiations
- Five Finance Committee Members Sign Letter Asking For 'Additional Flexibilities' For Textiles Under TPP
- WTO Panel Considering Compliance In Airbus Dispute Set To Rule By End Of 2014
- Waxman Urges Froman To Push For Less Than 12 Years Data Exclusivity For Biologics Under TPP
- China Requests Panel In WTO Dispute Regarding EU AD Measures On Iron, Steel Fasteners
- EU Commission Pledges 'Significant Share' Of Funds Needed To Implement WTO Trade Facilitation Deal
- WTO Reports On CVD Measures Notified From U.S., Canada During November 2013
- Egypt, Representing Arab Group, Calls For WTO To Add Arabic As Official Language
- ITC Unanimously Finds No Material Injury In AD Probe On Chinese Silica Bricks
- At Hearing, State Nominee Catherine Novelli Vows To Be 'Relentless Advocate' For Enforcing FTAs
- ECAT Letter On Farm Bill Asks For Congress To Repeal USDA Inspections Of Catfish
- Pew Report Finds U.S. Public Has Positive Views On Trade; Free Enterprise Cites In Push For TPA
- Royce Points To Japanese Ag, Manufactured Goods Issues As Significant Barriers In TPP Following Ministerial
- CWA Report Highlights Official Statements As 'Broken Promises' On Benefits Of FTAs, Warns Of Same For TPP
- ITIF Paper Lays Out Recommendation For TPP As Negotiations Reach Critical Juncture
- CSIS Rep Says Administration Likely To Try To Close Out TPP In First Half Of 2014
Effective September 18, 2013, the base price for purchasing articles and documents on this service has increased to $10 apiece.