NEW YORK -- The United States has indicated it is willing to agree to an unconditional and complete ban on agricultural export subsidies in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) region as part of a final deal if other negotiating partners drop their demands for new disciplines for export credits, according to informed sources.
NEW YORK -- Darci Vetter, chief agriculture negotiator in the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, arrived here on Friday (Jan. 30) to hold talks on agricultural market access with Japanese official Hiroshi Oe, in a move that some sources said could be a sign of momentum in the talks.
Senior U.S. trade officials have made clear to the European Commission that Washington's focus on concluding the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and renewing Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) will make it impossible to focus on the major political issues in the U.S.-European Union free trade talks in the first half of 2015, according to sources close to the negotiations.
NEW YORK – Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz on Wednesday (Jan. 28) urged foreign negotiators here not to give in to demands by the United States for strict intellectual property (IP) standards for medicines in a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement, arguing that the U.S. may be willing to compromise on some of its proposals in order to get a deal across the finish line.
NEW YORK – A U.S. pork industry representative said Tuesday (Jan. 27) he believes the United States is on the "precipice" of concluding a "high-standard" Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement, and that this is one reason why pork producers and other U.S. agricultural groups are throwing their support behind efforts to pass Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) legislation.
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch (R-UT) has said he may oppose a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement if it does not commit signatories to put in place 12 years of regulatory data exclusivity for an emerging class of advanced medicines called biologics.
U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman testified this week before the Senate Finance Committee that resolving a long-standing trade fight over South African antidumping duties on U.S. poultry is "critical" to the renewal of the African Growth and Opportunity Act.
- Commerce Says Potential Continuation Of Mexican Sugar Cases Will Roll Back Time Table
- U.S. Businesses Rail Against China's Proposed Requirement To Hand Over Source Code For Banking Sector Technology
- China Announces Nationwide Expansion Of Shanghai FTZ Policies, Directs Provinces To Submit Work Plans
- Sugar Growers Challenge Refiners' Standing To Seek Continuation Of Mexican AD, CVD Cases
- Fincher Introduces Ex-Im Bill That Reduces Financing Limit With 57 GOP Cosponsors
- Transparency Group Leaks Revised Draft Of EU's TTIP Regulatory Cooperation Proposal
- Manufacturing Companies, Industry Groups Urge Ryan, Hatch To Work On MTB As Soon As Possible
- NFTC Urges Prompt Enactment Of TPA In Letter To Congress
- SolarWorld Urges Commerce To Correct Ministerial Errors In Preliminary Review Of 2012 Chinese Solar Case
- Froman Lists Securing TPA As Number One Priority For 2015 In Written Statement To Ways & Means
- Hatch Says Finishing TPP Before TPA Passage Would Be 'Grave Mistake'
- USW Says Levin TPP Paper Raises Important Issues But Does Not Go Far Enough
- USTR Promotes Enforcement Of WTO, FTA Rules In Fact Sheet
- Azevedo Says First Week Of Doha Work Program Talks Yielded More Progress Than First Six Months Of 2014
- WTO Compliance Panel Says Report In U.S.-Mexico Dispute On Dolphin-Safe Tuna Labeling Due Jan. 30
- Malmstrom Calls For Publication Of EU TISA Mandate As Part Of Broader Transparency Push
- China Lists Duties On U.S. GOES, Broiler Chicken, Solar-Grade Polysilicon In Report To WTO
- Commerce Seeks New Representatives For U.S.-Turkey Business Council
- ITC Sets Sept. 15 Deadline To Submit Report Following Probe Into Economic Effects Of Lifting Cuba Trade Restrictions
- Pelosi Sees A 'Path To Yes' On Fast Track, But Questions Remain About Impact Of FTAs On American Workers
- NFTC Urges Congress To Hold Off On Further Iranian Sanctions Until Negotiations Conclude
- TPP Unlikely To Be 'Game-Changing' Event For U.S. Energy Exports To Japan, Expert Says
- NGO Presses Malmstrom For Response To Letter About TTIP Financial Services Sent In October
- SBA Administrator Makes Case For TPA, TPP By Citing Benefits On Market Access
- EU, U.S. Public Health Groups Rebut Philip Morris International Arguments On ISDS In Letter To Malmstrom
Effective September 18, 2013, the base price for purchasing articles and documents on this service has increased to $10 apiece.